In demanding answers on Jamal Khashoggi, one must look towards Turkey first and foremost.
Let’s follow the chronology of reports since disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi between Saudi Arabia and Turkey/Qatar/Muslim Brotherhood Axis, figure out for yourself who is telling the truth and who is creating hysteria:
- Jamal’s fiancé, who isn’t known to his family, reports him missing.
- Qatar’s Al-Jazeera reports that “Turkish sources in the police” confirm that cameras show Jamal leaving the consulate after 20 minutes, likely kidnapped. Later deleted the post. Qatar’s Muslim Brotherhood Media waged a campaign of disinformation, hysterically posting/deleting.
- Presidential spokesmen Ibrahim Kalin says, “according to the information we have, this person is still in the Saudi consulate”.
- Consulate denies holding Jamal, invites media in.
- CP: “very keen to know what happened, will continue our dialogue with the Turkish gov”.
- Al Jazeera quotes Reuters from a non-Turkish officials that Jamal was deliberately murdered inside.
- Consulate denies, KSA Ambassador to USA says allegations “false & baseless”.
- Qatar’s MEE quotes a non-Turkish officials on salacious details of the alleged murder of Jamal.
- Global media circulate unsubstantiated claims by a non-officials, start leaking, changing story and introducing (now debunked) rumors, creating media frenzy, hysteria.
- KSA interior minister condemns “lies and baseless allegations against the Saudi Government”
- KSA said, “committed to its principles in compliance with international laws/conventions & safety of all its citizens.”
- After 11 days of a vicious campaign against all things KSA, no evidence, no corroboration, just leaks and cheap talk fed to hungry reporters looking for blood.
In conclusion: The Turkish/Qatar/Muslim Brotherhood Media axis has been lying/changing the story from day one and is reveling in the global condemnation of an American ally.
The article is based on Yousef Al Naimi’s Tweet. He regularly tweets under @YousefAlNaimi.