
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:wfw="http://wellformedweb.org/CommentAPI/"
	xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>White House ballroom &#8211; The Milli Chronicle</title>
	<atom:link href="https://millichronicle.com/tag/white-house-ballroom/feed" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<link>https://millichronicle.com</link>
	<description>Factual Version of a Story</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Tue, 12 May 2026 01:26:49 +0000</lastBuildDate>
	<language>en-US</language>
	<sy:updatePeriod>
	hourly	</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>
	1	</sy:updateFrequency>
	

<image>
	<url>https://media.millichronicle.com/2018/11/12122950/logo-m-01-150x150.png</url>
	<title>White House ballroom &#8211; The Milli Chronicle</title>
	<link>https://millichronicle.com</link>
	<width>32</width>
	<height>32</height>
</image> 
	<item>
		<title>Republicans Push $1 Billion Trump White House Security Plan Amid Senate Clash</title>
		<link>https://millichronicle.com/2026/05/66892.html</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[NewsDesk MC]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Tue, 12 May 2026 01:26:48 +0000</pubDate>
				<category><![CDATA[Latest]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[News]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Top Stories]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[World]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[assassination attempt]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[budget reconciliation]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Chuck Schumer]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[congressional Republicans]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[donald trump]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[East Wing project]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[federal budget fight]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[John Thune]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Mike Haridopolos]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[National Trust for Historic Preservation]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Political Controversy]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[presidential security]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Rob Wittman]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Secret Service]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[security infrastructure]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[taxpayer spending]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[US Congress]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[US Senate]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Washington politics]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[White House ballroom]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[White House expansion]]></category>
		<guid isPermaLink="false">https://millichronicle.com/?p=66892</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[washington&#8211; Senate Republicans are defending a proposal to allocate up to $1 billion for security upgrades tied to President Donald]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[
<p><strong>washington</strong>&#8211; Senate Republicans are defending a proposal to allocate up to $1 billion for security upgrades tied to President Donald Trump’s planned White House ballroom project, setting up a partisan confrontation in Congress over spending priorities and presidential security.</p>



<p><br>Senate Majority Leader John Thune said on Monday the funding reflected the rising cost of protecting the president following recent security threats, including an incident last month in which a man was charged with attempting to assassinate Trump during the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner.</p>



<p><br>“Keeping the leader of the free world safe is an expensive proposition,” Thune told reporters as lawmakers returned to Washington after recess.<br>The proposed funding was added by Senate Republicans to a broader spending package designed to restore financing for immigration enforcement agencies after months of budget disputes with Democrats.</p>



<p><br>Trump has previously said the ballroom itself, projected to cost roughly $400 million, would be financed privately. The White House had not previously disclosed estimates for associated security expenditures.</p>



<p><br>Democrats sharply criticized the measure, accusing Republicans of using national security arguments to justify taxpayer support for a project they say primarily serves Trump’s personal and political interests.<br>Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said the proposal contradicted earlier assurances from Trump that public funds would not be used for the development.</p>



<p><br>“This staggering waste of taxpayer dollars has nothing to do with security and everything to do with Trump’s ego,” Schumer said.</p>



<p><br>Republicans are advancing the legislation through a budget reconciliation mechanism that would allow passage in the Senate without Democratic support. Democrats said they would challenge the measure procedurally and seek amendments aimed at stripping the ballroom-related funding from the bill.<br>The proposal has also prompted questions from some Republican lawmakers seeking additional details on how the money would be spent.</p>



<p><br>Representative Rob Wittman said he wanted a clearer explanation of the planned expenditures before deciding whether to support the measure, while Representative Mike Haridopolos said lawmakers needed to balance security concerns with fiscal scrutiny.</p>



<p><br>The Senate legislation directs funding to the United States Secret Service for “security adjustments and upgrades” associated with the ballroom project, including above-ground and subterranean protective infrastructure. The bill specifies the money cannot be used for non-security construction costs.</p>



<p><br>According to court filings cited by the White House, the proposed East Wing expansion would include hardened defensive features such as bomb shelters, military-grade installations and a medical facility beneath the ballroom complex. Trump has also said the structure should incorporate bulletproof glass and defenses against drone attacks.</p>



<p><br>White House spokesperson Davis Ingle said the funding would help the Secret Service strengthen protections around the White House complex and support broader operational requirements.<br>The project remains the subject of ongoing legal challenges. </p>



<p>The National Trust for Historic Preservation has sued to halt construction, although a federal appeals court ruled last month that work could continue while litigation proceeds.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
		<item>
		<title>Trump Unveils Plan for 250-Foot Triumphal Arch in Washington</title>
		<link>https://millichronicle.com/2026/04/65012.html</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[NewsDesk MC]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Sat, 11 Apr 2026 05:51:49 +0000</pubDate>
				<category><![CDATA[Latest]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[News]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Top Stories]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[World]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[1776 anniversary]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[architecture policy]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Arlington Memorial Bridge]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Arlington National Cemetery]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Columbia Island]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[design review]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[donald trump]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[federal projects]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[government approvals]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[heritage projects]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[infrastructure]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Kennedy Center]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Lincoln Memorial]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[monument design]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[national identity]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[political symbolism]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[public monuments]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[semiquincentennial]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[triumphal arch]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[urban planning]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[US Commission of Fine Arts]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[US politics]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[Washington DC]]></category>
		<category><![CDATA[White House ballroom]]></category>
		<guid isPermaLink="false">https://millichronicle.com/?p=65012</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[Washington — The administration of U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday unveiled plans for a 250-foot triumphal arch to be]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[
<p><strong>Washington</strong> — The administration of U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday unveiled plans for a 250-foot triumphal arch to be constructed in Washington, D.C., as part of commemorations marking the 250th anniversary of American independence, with designs submitted for review to the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts.</p>



<p>Renderings released by the administration depict a large white arch topped with gilded sculptures, including a winged Lady Liberty flanked by two eagles, along with gold inscriptions reading “One Nation Under God” and “Liberty and Justice for All.” </p>



<p>The proposed structure would be located on Columbia Island in the Potomac River, positioned at the end of Arlington Memorial Bridge and visible from Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.</p>



<p>At 250 feet, the proposed monument would surpass Mexico City’s Monument to the Revolution by approximately 30 feet, making it the tallest triumphal arch globally, according to figures cited in the proposal. It would also exceed the height of the nearby Lincoln Memorial, which stands at 99 feet.</p>



<p>Trump described the project in a social media post as “the greatest and most beautiful triumphal arch” and said it would serve as a lasting addition to the capital. </p>



<p>The initiative forms part of a broader set of architectural and renovation efforts undertaken during his second term, including plans for a new White House ballroom and changes to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.</p>



<p>The design has been submitted to the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts, the federal body responsible for advising on matters of design and aesthetics in the capital. The administration previously replaced members of the commission in October, appointing new figures as it advanced multiple construction and redesign proposals across Washington.</p>



<p>The arch proposal coincides with preparations for the United States’ semiquincentennial in 2026, commemorating the 1776 Declaration of Independence from Britain. </p>



<p>The same commission recently approved the design of a commemorative gold coin bearing Trump’s likeness as part of the anniversary initiatives.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
	</channel>
</rss>
